Starting A Chapter
Assess the need and interest in your area. Discuss the idea with friends; colleagues, family and possibly others in your area that you feel may be interested in a Full-Figured Movement.
Discuss what you believe are the purpose, goals and benefit of local membership. Emphasize the contributions the chapter could make in providing varied opportunities for plus size women in your area.
Post an advertisement on Craigslist, Face Book Twitter, Instagram and other free sites inviting to become a member of PSB in your area. Be sure to include information about all open local opportunities.
Must have a minimum of 5 plus size women that are interested in membership
Contact Headquarters Membership Liaison at email@example.com
- Adhere to all PSB Inc policies, guidelines, procedures and practices and all applicable federal state and local requirements.
- Use the Plus Size Beauti’s logos, service marks, slogans or trademarks only in appropriate manner and in accordance with PSB policies.
- Accept, allocate and use all funds and property received in accordance with the policies of PSB.
- Submit by the established deadline an approved city plan and supporting budget for each project or event.
- Conduct or participate in Community Service events in accordance with the event guidelines.
- Conduct regular fundraising events to raise funds for Chapter account.
- Participate in the local and National events and programs through promoting and linking to the national program broadcast and through organizing local events centered on the national program.
- Additional chapter-developed programs must be reviewed and approved by National in advance of their implementation.
- Minimum of 10 women that are interested in membership
- Must complete a PSB online application for membership
- Work closely with National Membership Coordinator to address any questions or concerns.
- Hard working
- Experienced in Marketing, Sales, Management, Recruiting and ideally Event Planning
- Great communicator
If you or someone that you may know fits the aforementioned qualities, please continue reading to find out what it takes to start a chapter in your area.
The following positions are available for qualified and enthusiastic volunteers:
- Vice President
- Membership Recruiter
- Community Service Chairperson
- Community Service Committee Members
- Fundraiser Chairperson
- Fundraiser Committee Members
- Health and Wellness Advisor
- Public Relations Specialist
- Marketing Coordinator
After the membership application is completed online, the chapter lead will contact National to have an officer(s) come to that area to host interviews. Once the decision is made each member and chapter lead will be on a 90 day probation, which is a trail period to determine if that area chapter is meeting PSB Inc needs for the plus size community. After the 90 day completed probation period, National will proceed with the moving forward process of all paperwork that need to be completed with that specific state.
The chapter lead will schedule their first meeting with the potential members to schedule and implement a launch gathering with the CEO and National Officers of PSB Inc. The chapter is responsible for partial of the Chief Executive travel expenses. The Chapter lead is responsible for recruiting officers for that area to help with the growth of PSB Inc.’s brand. The chapter lead will report to National monthly with the ideas that will be put into fruition for PSB Inc’s in that area.
A fundraiser forecast should be developed by the chapter officers. National receives 50% of each chapter’s income in order to continue with the growth of the overall business.
For additional information or questions please contact the business office (804)-293-0061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org